Part 141 / Part 61

What is the difference is between a Part 141 and a Part 61 certified school?

All flight schools operate under Part 141, Part 61 or both of these Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR). Both schools can help a student obtain a certificate or rating. While both certifications offer the same basic training and FAA exams, the training environments are different.

To help you better understand, these differences are further explained in the chart below.

Part 141 vs. Part 61 Chart